You’ve done your research and now it’s time to prepare your manuscript, choose a journal, get published, and attract a large readership. Sounds like a daunting process right? ACS Publications want to partner with authors to get their manuscript published as well as ensure authors have the best possible experience regardless of the decision made on their manuscript.
Join Editor-in-Chief Thomas Holme of the Journal of Chemical Education and Associate Editor Kelly Chibale of the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry as they provide you insider advice to make your manuscript clear, concise, and captivating so that you can improve your chances of getting published in an ACS Journal.
This ACS Webinar is moderated by Lorraine Clark of ACS Publications and Becky Miller of ACS on Campus and is co-produced with ACS on Campus and ACS Publications.
What You Will Learn
- Ten scholarly publishing tips to write a successful manuscript and choose the most appropriate journal
- How to best understand the scope of a journal and its simplified submission requirements
- Real-life examples from submissions and some of the typical reasons for manuscript rejection
ACS Resources To Enhance Your Research
- ACS Author Lab is a free online course that empowers authors to prepare and submit strong manuscripts, avoiding errors that could lead to delays in the publication process
- ACS Authoring Services connects you with our language editors and scientific illustrators to help showcase your science at its best
- ACS Author University provides videos and articles from our editor community on tips for scientific writing, securing funding, rejection, and much more
- ACS Reviewer Lab is a free, on-demand peer review training course that provides real-life guidance on how to navigate tricky ethical situations, identify core criteria for evaluating manuscripts, and write a first-rate review
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year