Transitioning to a new position can be exciting and a bit daunting, especially if this is your first or second role after completing your degree, but with a solid framework in place, you can grow into your new job gracefully!
Join a panel of professionals who are early in their career journey as they help you make a smooth transition from the academic to the working world with advice, stories, and strategies born from their recent experiences. Melanie A. Hutnick, Associate Director of Advanced Materials at The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc., Jennifer Schmitt, Senior Scientist at Sutro Biopharma, Patrick W. Fedick, Research Chemist, Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division, James Eujin Park, R&D Systems Engineer at Sandia National Laboratories, and Katie Johnson, R&D Associate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory engage in a lively and entertaining roundtable discussion that will broaden your perspective on how to start a new job, whether it is your first role out of graduate school or you are making your first big move on your career journey!
This ACS Webinar is moderated by Marisa Sanders, Registered Patent Agent and J.D. Candidate at Seton Hall University School of Law and Ashley Blystone, Research Specialist at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and is co-produced with the ACS Younger Chemists Committee and the ACS Committee on Ethics.
What You Will Learn
- How to adjust to new roles within your job
- How to achieve a work-life balance and set realistic boundaries
- Time management tips and how to manage deadlines
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year