Committee on Professional Training
The Committee on Professional Training (CPT) promotes excellence in postsecondary chemistry education and provides leadership to the ACS in the professional training of chemists.
Special Announcement for Submission of the 2019 Periodic Reports
- 2019 Periodic Reports are now due in June, 2020. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at email@example.com.
2019 Periodic Reports
- CPT Open Meeting in Orlando
We invite you to attend the CPT open meeting at the 257th ACS National Meeting in Orlando, Florida, from 4:00 to 5:00pm on Sunday, March 31, in the Lake George A Room at the Hilton Orlando Hotel.
- Survey on Graduate Education
CPT will be deploying a survey to department chairs of Ph.D. granting institutions starting the first week in March. This survey will focus on the ways in which graduate education has evolved and, in particular, how it aligns with the competencies as described in the National Academies report on Graduate STEM Education for the 21st Century. Data will be available to graduate programs later in 2019.
News & Announcements
- Certificates Available for ACS-Certified Graduates
The head or chair of ACS-approved chemistry programs presents ACS certificates to students that receive a baccalaureate degree and complete a curriculum consistent with the ACS Guidelines. If you would like to have certificates available for presentation to your certified graduates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Supplements
- New Safety Resources from the ACS Committee on Chemical Safety
ACS Approval Program
Reports and Surveys
Fall 2018 Newsletter
Give Us Your Feedback
Guidelines Revisions Feedback
Watch this space for short (1-3 question) surveys and polls focusing on the upcoming guidelines revisions.
Current polls include (click on the links):
- Weigh in on faculty workload
- Tell us about the skills needed to succeed as a chemist
- Provide input on the value of an ACS approved program
- Give us your thoughts on Outcome Assessment as a model for approval.
If we haven't covered a topic that you'd like to discuss, please use this additional feedback form.
Everything You Want to Know About Periodic Reports - May 17, 2018