Learn how to access and use the Chemistry Program Approval and Review System (CPARS) to complete reports used in the ACS Approval Process. All ACS Approved Institutions submit an Annual Report each year and a Periodic Report every 6 years. Programs interested in applying for ACS Approval start the process by completing a preapplication.
Annual Reports for 2019-2020 academic year are available on May 20, 2020 and will be due August 31, 2020.
Annual Report Guide
- Video tutorial to help you complete the annual report.
Periodic reports for 2020 are currently available and are due on December 15, 2020.
June 2020: At this time, pre-population is not available for the periodic reports.
- Periodic Report Guide
- Webinar tutorial - reviews the entire report (approximately 60 minutes)
- Example report
Report Due Dates
Availability of reports:
- Periodic Reports - January 1 to June 30
- Annual Reports - April 1 to August 31
- Preapplications - May 1 to May 31 and October 1 to October 31
- Applications - Available upon approval of preapplication, typically due in June or December
Preapplications are available for submission from:
- May 1 - May 31
- October 1 - October 31
- Access to institution portal
- Completing the program information page
- Adding faculty information
- Completing the course details page
- Filling out the contact hours table
- Submitting the form