About Inquiry in Action
Inquiry in Action is a FREE teacher resource of fully-developed lesson plans in physical science for grades K-5. All Inquiry in Action Lessons:
- Are aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) for “Weather and Climate” (Kindergarten) and for “Structure and Properties of Matter” (2nd and 5th).
- Are based on phenomena students observe and explore through hands-on investigations.
- Are presented in a 5-E format (Engage, Explore, Explain, Evaluate, and Extend) and include student activity sheets for 2nd and 5th grades.
- Have been reviewed for safety with notes added where necessary.
- Include embedded animations to help explain science concepts to students.