The American Chemical Society (ACS) and the Israel Chemical Society (ICS) signed a five year Chemistry Enterprise Partnership (CEP) on August 25, 2019. The alliance agreement recognizes the importance of cooperation between the Israel and U.S. chemical communities in scientific, educational, and public outreach projects. The agreement will be characterized by the shared commitment to cooperation in service to chemical scientists, engineers, students, educators and professionals in Israel and the United States.
Elements of the ACS/ICS Partnership Include:
- A focus on the United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Technical programming and event collaboration on topics such as C1 chemistry, clean water, energy and other priority subjects relevant to ACS and ICS members
- Developing symposia, workshops and training on a wide-variety of education and employment issues relevant to students and early-career chemists taking into account diversity, inclusion, and other relevant factors
About the Israel Chemical Society
The Israel Chemical Society (ICS) is a registered organization dedicated to the advancement of pure and applied chemistry, both nationally and internationally. Its aims are:
- To recruit members among chemists residing in Israel, as well as among chemists residing abroad who might wish to join the Society.
- To nurture and advance the science of chemistry and its applications.
- To represent the Israeli chemical community in scientific institutions abroad and to maintain contact with these institutions.
- To issue publications relating to the advancement of chemistry.
- To foster chemistry teaching.
- To initiate scientific meetings.
- To foster the image of chemistry among the public.
- To engage in activities in support of the above aims.
- To solicit contributions and funds in aid of the Society's goals.