Chemists With Disabilities Travel Award
Award at a Glance
To encourage the participation of undergraduates, graduate students and postdocs with disabilities who will present a talk or poster at an ACS Spring or Fall Meeting.
The amount awarded will be up to $3,000. Chemists with Disabilities will prepay lodging, major transportation (e.g. airfare) and per diem rate for meals for each day in attendance. A check for 75% of the meals per diem can be provided prior to the meeting if necessary. The winner is required to submit receipts for reimbursement no more than ten days from the last day of the meeting.
Reimbursable expenses may include the remainder of the per diem and any additional minor travel expenses incurred (e.g. airport parking, local transportation while attending meeting, etc.).
- The applicant must be a student or recent graduate (awarded degree within the last 5 years) in the United States.
- The applicant must provide a copy of the abstract and the acceptance notice from ACS.
- The applications will be evaluated by a subcommittee appointed by the ACS CWD.
- July 7 (ACS Fall Meeting)
- December 15 (ACS Spring Meeting)
Applicants will be notified by e-mail no later than July 15 if they have been selected for the ACS Fall Meeting travel award.