Committee on Chemists with Disabilities
What We Do
- Ensure that all ACS-sponsored services and programs promote and advance the full participation of students with disabilities;
- Promote opportunities for individuals with disabilities employed in or seeking employment within chemistry and its allied fields, supporting the ACS Strategic Plan;
- Provide and promote a portfolio of programs, products, and services to increase participation and leadership in the chemical community by individuals with disabilities;
- Serve as a resource to the chemistry community as a whole with reference to issues concerning the education and employment of individuals with disabilities.
The committee will promote educational and professional opportunities in the chemical sciences and in fields requiring knowledge of chemistry for persons with disabilities. The committee will champion the capabilities of those persons to educators, employers, and peers.
The committee envisions a time when all individuals, including those with disabilities, will advance the chemical enterprise by drawing on the full range of their talents.
E-Book: Teaching Chemistry to Students with Disabilities
The 5th edition is now available in PDF format. This informative tool helps students and educators understand how to identify and address the needs of students with disabilities to ensure an inclusive and accessible chemistry education experience.
- 2019 Disability Equality Index(DEI): Best Places to Work - DBP Member Companies
- NSF Report: Women, Minorities, and Persons With Disabilities in Science and Engineering 2019
- Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities in Science and Engineering - Labor Force
- Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities in Science and Engineering - Employment Status
- NSF Report: Women, Minorities, and Persons With Disabilities in Science and Engineering, 2019 - In the News
- Cornell University: Online Resource for U.S. Disability Statistics
- NIH Report: Guidelines on inclusion of women, minorities and persons with disabilities in NIH sponsored and/or supported intramural and extramural scientific meetings and conferences,2019
- Accredited Online Colleges and Disability Education
- Foundation for Science and Disability
Call (800) 227-5558 or email if you have questions or need more information about the Committee on Chemists with Disabilities.