Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry Award
Award at a Glance
Sponsoring a lecture award for a distinguished younger scientist highly regarded by their peers for significant contributions to an area of chemistry or related multidisciplinary area of chemistry.
The Kavli Foundation sponsors The Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry Lecture through 2025, with two lectures per year, one at each ACS Meeting.
The nominee must be a distinguished younger scientist who is highly regarded by their peers for significant contributions to an area of chemistry or related multidisciplinary area of chemistry.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate each candidate for the lecture award:
- Three accomplishments of the nominee are needed, which may include:
- Seminal publication citations
- Products/processes commercialized
- High-impact projects
- Proposed title and scope for the lecture (200-word limit)
- Nomination letter (1,000-word limit; uploaded as a separate document and using the stationary of the person making the nomination)
- CV/resume of the nominee (1,000-word limit)
Each ACS Committee and Technical Division may nominate up to two individuals for this award. The nominee must be solicited by and nominated through one or more of the ACS Committees or Technical Divisions and approved by the respective Chair.
The nominee need not be a member of the nominating group or a member of the ACS.
- The proposed lecture topic and scope must align with the ACS Meeting theme.
- The lecturer must attend the meeting to present a 40-minute lecture during the ACS Meeting.
- The lecturer must be no more than 10 years removed from earning their Ph.D.
- The lecturer must be less than 40 years old as of the lecture date.
- The nomination must be approved by the respective Committee or Division Chair.
The nomination deadline for the Spring 2023 Kavli Foundation Emerging Leader in Chemistry lecture award is August 26, 2022.
A Review Committee composed of the MPPG (Multidisciplinary Programming Planning Group) Chair, the Thematic Program Organizers, and Chair appointees will review all submitted nominations. Each Division and Committee may submit up to two (2) nominations. Nominations not chosen for previous meetings may resubmitted at the Division’s discretion as long as the nominee meets the nomination criteria in respect to the meeting dates.
The nominators and awardees will be notified of the decision by September 1, 2022.
The Kavli Foundation