ACS Asia-Pacific International Chapters Conference
PLENARY SPEAKER ANNOUNCED: SIR J. FRASER STODDART
Sir J. Fraser Stoddart will present a plenary lecture, titled "My Journey to Stockholm,” at the APICC on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017. Sir Stoddart will discuss his work studying molecular machines, including his discovery of rotaxane, and how he came to share the 2016 Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Dr. Jean-Pierre Sauvage and Dr. Bernard L. Feringa.
Join Sir Stoddart and other chemistry practitioners in Jeju, submit an abstract and register today!
PLENARY SPEAKER ANNOUNCED: DR. ALLISON CAMPBELL
ACS President Dr. Allison Campbell will give an opening plenary speech on Monday, Nov. 6. Details of her talk will be provided shortly.
Join Dr. Campbell and the 10 ACS International Chemical Sciences Chapters in the Asia-Pacific for the first regional meeting of ACS International Chapters.
Register here - early rates last until Aug. 31
International Chemical Sciences Chapters of the American Chemical Society join together for an inaugural conference to offer an opportunity for scientists in the Asian-Pacific region to showcase their research and network with other scientists, while addressing global scientific issues with innovative solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to be an ACS Member and/or living in Asia to attend?
NO! Everyone broadly interested in chemistry, particularly in current research being conducted throughout Asia, should come to this conference.
2. How much is registration?
- Until Aug. 31 - $100 for Graduate and Undergraduate Students; $200 for ACS Members; $300 for non-ACS Members
- Until Nov. 4 - $125 for Graduate and Undergraduate Students; $250 for ACS Members; $350 for non-ACS Members
3. Are travel awards available?
- Five graduate and five undergraduate students (10 people total) who will present an oral or poster presentation are eligible for partial support from the ACS South Korea ICSC. Contact Dr. Siwaporn Meejoo Smith for details.
- Members of ACS International Student Chapters may be eligible for funding through their chapters. Contact your Faculty Advisor for more information
4. What is the general schedule for the event?
- Nov. 6 - Plenary Lecture, ACS President Dr. Allison Campbell; Four Symposia; Poster Presentations; Chemistry Festival
- Nov. 7 - Plenary Lecture, Nobel Laureate Sir Fraser Stoddart; Four Symposia; Poster Presentations
- Nov. 8 - Remaining Symposia.
5. Who can I ask additional questions?
Contact the Conference Secretariat for the ACS South Korea Chapter, Dr. Yung Doug Suh
Visit the APICC Website to submit your abstract and find submission guidelines. Abstracts due September 15, 2017.
The conference will cover a breadth of key areas in chemistry including:
- Agricultural and Food Chemistry
- Chemical Education
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Natural Products Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
Too Far to Travel?
Consider registering for the Atlantic Basin Conference on Chemistry (23-26 January 2018| Cancún, Mexico)