FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | August 13, 2021
Highlights for the ACS Fall 2021 hybrid meeting
WASHINGTON, Aug. 13, 2021 — Journalists who register for the fall meeting of the American Chemical Society (ACS) will have access to up to 1,400 hours of live interactive virtual technical presentations and 700 hours of in-person technical presentations. ACS Fall 2021 will take place Aug. 22–26 in Atlanta, as well as virtually. The meeting theme, “Resilience of Chemistry,” will be highlighted in talks about COVID-19 response, sustainable practices, climate change, wastewater treatment and other topics.
Presentations related to the meeting’s theme of “Resilience of Chemistry” will include:
- Chemistry for resilient human space exploration
- COVID’s impact: Resilience and redefining success
- Improving energy resilience through lower carbon transportation fuels
- Resilience in electrochemical energy conversion and storage
- Water purification with nanomaterials exemplify resilience of chemistry
The more than 7,000 presentations will also cover:
- Effects of “forever chemicals” in the environment
- COVID-19 reflections and future work
- Improvements to energy storage
- Wastewater purification methods
- Climate change, carbon capture and effects of global warming
- Protecting crops and food supply from pesticides
- Sustainable farming methods
- Current research of cannabis safety and usage
- Drug discovery and other medical treatments
- Looking for something else? Search the schedule.
Embargoed copies of press releases and media briefings will be available in mid-August. Media briefings will be posted starting on Aug. 23 on YouTube.
To attend ACS Fall 2021 virtually or in-person, registration is required. ACS considers requests for press credentials and complimentary registration to meetings from reporters (staff and freelance) and public information officers at government, nonprofit and educational institutions. Contact email@example.com to request press credentials for virtual or in-person registration, or see the press center webpage for details. For a full list of in-person/hybrid/virtual events, visit the online schedule. Recordings of selected sessions will be available Aug. 30–Sept. 30.
To promote the safety of everyone at ACS Fall 2021 and related events, ACS has developed an attendee safety plan. Effective July 27, 2021, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now advising those vaccinated (either fully or partially) to wear face masks while indoors in public. As a result, ACS is now requiring all attendees (vaccinated and unvaccinated) at ACS Fall 2021 to wear a face mask while in the Georgia World Congress Center or while attending an ACS hosted/sponsored event or meeting. ACS may adjust its practices to account for changes in government health-related COVID-19 directives. Attendees should become familiar with the attendee safety plan.
To automatically receive press releases from the American Chemical Society, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: ACS does not conduct research, but publishes and publicizes peer-reviewed scientific studies.