FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | March 11, 2022
Highlights for the ACS Spring 2022 hybrid meeting
WASHINGTON, March 11, 2022 — Journalists who register for the spring meeting of the American Chemical Society (ACS) will have access to more than 12,000 presentations on topics including agriculture and food, energy and fuels, health and medicine, sustainability and more. ACS Spring 2022 is a hybrid meeting being held virtually and in-person in San Diego on March 20-24. Journalists are invited to apply for in-person or virtual press credentials. The meeting theme is “Bonding through Chemistry.”
Presentations related to the meeting’s theme will include:
- Biobased gels and porous materials
- Decarbonization: working toward U.N. Sustainability Goals
- The chemical technology of hemp
- Emerging science and technologies of biobased nanomaterials
- Fundamentals of fungal materials
- Glycosylated proteins and their role in health and disease
- Materials for energy and environmental sustainability
- New technologies in cell and microbiome engineering
The more than 12,000 presentations will also cover:
- COVID lessons and future studies
- Advances in “forever chemical” research
- Removal of microplastics from the environment
- Whisky, beer and wine chemistry
- Drug discovery and other medical treatments
- Studies of aquatic life
- Engineering living materials
- Sports medicine and practices
- Wearable technologies
- Looking for something else? Search the schedule.
Embargoed copies of press releases and media briefings will be available on March 15; send an email to email@example.com to receive those releases. Media briefings will be posted starting on March 21 on the ACS Newsroom YouTube channel.
To attend ACS Spring 2022 virtually or in-person, registration is required. ACS considers requests for press credentials and complimentary registration to meetings from reporters (staff and freelance) and public information officers at government, nonprofit and educational institutions. Please request credentials by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the press center webpage for meeting information. And visit the online schedule for a full list of in-person, hybrid and virtual events. Recordings of selected sessions will be available through April 8.
ACS Spring 2022 will be a vaccination-required and mask-recommended event for all attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and ACS staff who plan to participate in-person in San Diego, CA. For detailed information about the requirement and all ACS safety measures, please visit the ACS website.
To automatically receive press releases from the American Chemical Society, contact email@example.com.
Note: ACS does not conduct research, but publishes and publicizes peer-reviewed scientific studies.