What barriers exist for women and other underrepresented groups within the chemical community and most importantly, how can you overcome these impediments?
Become the “Jedi Master” of your own career advancement during this free interactive broadcast that will be beneficial to all scientists desiring to promote themselves throughout their professional lives. Join accomplished and diverse panelists like the Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate School at Michigan Technological University Pushpa Murthy and ACS Board of Directors Kathleen Schulz and Dorothy Phillips as well as moderator Amy Balija of Radford University for a discussion on how to recognizing career hurdles and how to advocate for yourself.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the career path of the panel as well as the barriers they faced and how they were overcome
- What skills, characteristics, behaviors or experiences are necessary to succeed as a female or underrepresented chemist
- Valuable advice from the successful panel regarding on what they wish they knew earlier in their careers
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year