Central Nervous System drug discovery is making a comeback, but what strategies and tactics can expedite your efforts as a medicinal chemist working on CNS programs? Join Craig Lindsley of the Vanderbilt Center for Neuroscience Drug Discovery and ACS Chemical Neuroscience in this free interactive broadcast to discover how to optimize the development of CNS therapeutics as well as achieve high CNS exposure (empirical versus in silico). He will in particular discuss targets of interest and examples that will include G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) with an emphasis on allosteric modulators and ion channels.
What You Will Learn
- What are the Med Chem strategies, tactics and work flows to quickly optimize CNS agents
- What are the assay caveats to ensure successful translation from cells to in vivo proof target validation
- What Chemotypes or usual suspects and heteroarenes to avoid and why to take caution with CNS multiparameter optimization scores
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year