What does diversity and inclusion mean in different countries? Today more than ever, it is important to understand that diversity implies recognizing the differences of each demographic group and their unique dialog and culture.
Join a multicultural panel of speakers as they discuss how effective communication will require a global mindset to ensure that a diversified workforce is nurtured and integrated in order to inspire creativity and ensure innovation.
This ACS Webinar is co-produced with the ACS Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Respect and the ACS Committee on International Activities.
* If you are having technical difficulties viewing the video please try different internet browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer. If you still can not access the video please review the following computer prerequisites from our video hosting platform.
What You Will Learn
- What cultural barriers need to come down in order to develop an inclusive culture
- How can cross-cultural competence be developed and who should be responsible
- What changes are needed to adopt a global mindset
- ACS Office of DEIR Website - A collection of resources to support diversity, equity, inclusion and respect efforts.
- DEIR Educational Resource Guide- Additional recommendations on videos, articles, books, podcasts, and more on diversity, inclusion, and related topics.
- ACS Inclusivity Style Guide - Learn how to communicate in ways that recognize and respect diversity in all its forms.
- International Scientific Experiences for Chemistry Students - Resource for domestic students who desire international science experiences.