Screening strategies are chosen based on available knowledge and tools to identify molecules that can optimized to medicines. Join Dr. David Swinney as he shares the pros and cons of different screening strategies including target-based and empirical/phenotypic-based.
What You Will Learn
- Choice of screening strategy depends on the available knowledge and tools
- Approaches will change for first-in-class versus advances-in-class
- Screening strategy success is enhanced by the availability of clinically relevant biomarkers and assays that relate to biomarkers.
- Chemists should take more responsibility for understanding strategies, assay results and interpretation of results.
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year