The color of beer run the whole gamut from colorless to almost black. We have red beers—think Irish Red or other amber style beers—and white beers. In the latter case, however, we are usually talking of wheat (weisse, wit) beers. Dr. Charles Bamforth shares what determines the color of beer, how color is measured in the brewing industry, and what is involved in the production of a red beer and a white beer.
What You Will Learn
- The chemistry of underpinning beer color
- How beer color can be controlled
- How beer color influences the perception of flavor in beer
- How to know if you have a genuine white beer
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year