As more and more people look online for answers and support during these tumultuous times, it is critical that scientists approach communication thoughtfully and find clear and creative ways to cut through a complex information landscape. Now more than ever, the public needs education on rapidly-changing scientific information that accommodates varying levels of familiarity with critical thinking and the scientific method.
Join cellular neurobiologist Sandhya Koushika, a Professor at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research in India, as she discusses the basics of science communication including what it is, why it is needed, what it should be, and how to do it!
What You Will Learn
- How to approach science and critical thinking for the broader audience
- Some personal perspectives and experiences around science communication and COVID
- How scientists should approach conversations around complex topics with respect for the audience's perspective
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year