Back by popular demand, Celia Elliott will be continuing her Research Proposal World Tour with ACS Webinars. For her second appearance, she narrows her focus to concentrate on writing a persuasive project summary. Celia covers the project summary “musts” for winning research proposals and describes the common mistakes that proposers make. Learn a simple, fool-proof, four step recipe for creating effective project summaries.
What You Will Learn
- A proposal’s project summary is critical-it is usually the first thing that most reviewers read, and it may be the only thing that some reviewers read.
- A project summary should be understandable and persuasive to a scientifically literate person; it should not be written for a technical expert in your very narrow specialty
- Don’t omit essential elements. The project summary must describe the entire project-hypothesis, goals and objectives, methods, data analysis, expected results, significance, and contribution to the agency’s mission.
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year