ACS Student Communities Engagement Grant
Grant at a Glance
To support student community outreach events, member engagement, career and professional development, or group growth.
You may request up to $1,000 to build and strengthen your community and increase the unity of your group. Funding is limited and you may receive this award up to two times per year.
There is no deadline for this grant. Applications will be reviewed every two weeks in the order they are received.
How to Apply
Questions on the application include:
- Name of proposal
- Proposed budget
- Total amount requested
- Provide details about how the funds will be used, i.e. the the individual items to be purchased
- Share if you will you be receiving money from any other sources
- Describe how the funds will support your student chapter by building and strengthening your community and increase the unity of your chapter.
- What chemical safety considerations are necessary for your proposed activity?
- Describe any potential hazards and how your group will address them.
- How will your group measure the success of this activity?
Selected proposals will favor applications that propose meaningful student community activities and well-reasoned use of funds.
Awarded funds will be sent to the university or chapter bank account. The faculty advisor will be responsible for appropriate disbursement of funds. Please note that processing/distribution of funds may be delayed due to the pandemic; if funds do not arrive in your account prior to your event, the funds can be used as a reimbursement for out of pocket costs directly associated with the awarded activity.
A final report will be required within 30 days of completing your activity. Information regarding how to submit the final report will be provided to those who receive the grant.