ACS-Hach Land Grant Undergraduate Scholarship
Scholarship at a Glance
To provide financial support toward a chemistry undergraduate degree and chemistry teaching credentials at one of ACS's 72 partner institutions.
The ACS-Hach Land Grant Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate chemistry majors who attend one of our 72 partner institutions and express an interest in teaching high school chemistry.
Students are selected on the bases of chemistry aptitude, interest, and need. The selection process is administered by partner universities. The partner universities have oversight for the selection of scholars.
Scholars receive $10,000 per academic year for up to six years. Students must meet the award criteria to renew a scholarship. The scholarship can be applied to tuition, books, room and board, and other education-related expenses.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of our partner institutions
- Major in chemistry and complete educational program
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Express the intention to teach high school chemistry after graduation
Eligible Chemistry-Related Disciplines
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Ceramic Science/ Chemistry/Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Technology
- Environmental Science/Engineering (must be chemistry-based)
- Forensic Science/Chemistry
- Food Science (not Nutrition)
- Industrial Chemistry
- Materials Science or Petroleum Engineering
- Nanotechnology or Nanoscience
- Paper and Pulp Technology
How to Apply & Renew
Contact the partner institution for application and renewal details.
For questions and additional information, contact us at (800) 227-5558 ext. 6392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACS-Hach Land Grant Scholars from Colorado State University with Bruce Hach (From left to right: Ethan Hill, Bruce Hach, Amanda Pluntze, and Benjamin Melzer)