ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship
Scholarship at a Glance
To support recent graduates and graduate students with limited work experience and an interest in becoming high school chemistry teachers.
The ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship is awarded to recent graduates and graduate students with limited work experience and an interest in becoming secondary chemistry teachers. Recipients must be pursuing a Masters degree in education or becoming certified as a chemistry/science teacher.
Scholarship recipients receive:
- Scholarship stipends (up to $6,000 for full-time study or up to $3,000 for part-time study) towards the completion of a Masters degree in education or secondary chemistry/science certification.*
- Support and mentoring throughout their three year teaching commitment.
Scholarship stipends can be applied to tuition, books, room and board, and other education-related expenses and are renewable up to three years. Scholarships cannot be applied to expenses retroactively.
Application Opens: February 1, 2023
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023
2023 Applicant Decision Date: July 14, 2023
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a Bachelors degree or higher in chemistry or chemistry-related discipline
- Have less than one year work experience outside of obtaining undergraduate and graduate degrees**
- Demonstrate an interest and commitment to becoming a secondary educator
- Be accepted into an education masters program or teacher certification program
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Eligible Chemistry-Related Disciplines
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Ceramic Science/ Chemistry/Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Technology
- Environmental Science/Engineering (must be chemistry-based)
- Forensic Science/Chemistry
- Food Science (not Nutrition)
- Industrial Chemistry
- Materials Science or Petroleum Engineering
- Nanotechnology or Nanoscience
- Paper and Pulp Technology
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by May 1, 2023 to be considered for the 2023-24 academic year. The application process will open on February 1, 2023.
Information for Current Scholars
View the acceptance and renewal requirements.
About ACS-Hach Programs
The ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Scholarship is part of ACS-Hach Programs. Learn about the other programs and how they support high school chemistry teachers at every step of their careers.
* Due to scholarship guidelines, scholarship stipends are distributed in equal installments two times per academic year. This may result in scholars receiving half of their total scholarship if they complete their program by the Fall semester.
** If you have more than one year of work experience, please consider applying for our ACS-Hach Second Career Teacher Scholarship.
- 800-227-5558, ext. 8178