ACS Spring 2022 News Releases
Meeting Dates: March 20–24
Theme: Bonding Through Chemistry
On-Site Press Center: San Diego Convention Center, Room 16A
Press Center Phone: 619-525-5721
ACS Spring 2022 will feature thousands of presentations on new discoveries in science. The topics include food and nutrition, medicine, health, energy, the environment and other fields in which chemistry plays a central role.
To register as press, please contact email@example.com. For more information about special features of the meeting for press, please visit our ACS Spring 2022 Press Center page.
Media briefings will be posted throughout the meeting on the ACS Spring 2022 YouTube channel, starting on Monday, March 20. Please check back daily to view new videos on the latest chemistry being presented at ACS Spring 2022.
News releases will be posted throughout the meeting.
March 07, 2022
March 08, 2022
March 10, 2022
March 20, 2022
- Giving the cold shoulder to crunchy ice cream — with a dash of cellulose
- ‘Worm-on-a-chip’ device could someday help diagnose lung cancer
- Sponges, not just their microbes, make biologically potent compounds
- Waste coffee grounds could someday help detect brain waves
March 22, 2022
- A psychedelic drug, combined with intense therapy, improves PTSD symptoms
- Space-grown lettuce could help astronauts avoid bone loss
- An improved ink for colon tattoos
- Making wooden construction materials fire-resistant with an eco-friendly coating (video)
- Cooking up a way to remove microplastics from wastewater — with okra, aloe
March 23, 2022
- Sustainable leather, yarn and paper — from bread-eating fungi
- Growing extremely tiny, uniformly sized diamonds — without explosives
- Stimulating the sense of touch with chemistry
- High schoolers develop an inexpensive filter to remove lead from tap water
- A non-hormonal pill could soon expand men’s birth control options