FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE | October 11, 2021
Celebrate 2021 National Chemistry Week from Oct. 17 to 23
WASHINGTON, Oct. 11, 2021 — The American Chemical Society (ACS) invites one and all to celebrate chemistry’s biggest “holiday,” National Chemistry Week (NCW), from Sunday, Oct. 17, to Saturday, Oct. 23, with this year’s theme of “Fast or Slow ... Chemistry Makes It Go!”
Virtual celebrations are encouraged. To find local events, visit www.acs.org/ncw. Here are some ways the public is encouraged to participate and spread the word about how they’re celebrating NCW:
- Find a local NCW coordinator on ACS’ lookup page.
- Check out the calendar of events on the NCW Facebook page.
- Write and illustrate an original poem for the illustrated poem contest.
- Participate in Chemistry Advocacy Day on Wednesday, Oct. 20.
- Organize a community service event — chemists catalyze change!
- Search and post events and announcements on social media using #NCW, #NationalChemistryWeek, #ChemistryMakesItGo and #ChemistsCatalyzeChange.
- Read the article “The Artificial Leaf: Copying Nature to Fight Climate Change” in ChemMatters magazine.
National Chemistry Week builds awareness of the positive impacts of chemistry at the local, national and global levels. By uniting members of ACS with businesses, schools and communities, NCW communicates the importance of chemistry to our quality of life.
To automatically receive press releases from the American Chemical Society, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: ACS does not conduct research, but publishes and publicizes peer-reviewed scientific studies.