Check out Hot Mess here: https://www.youtube.com/HotMessPBS Melatonin is a supplement that’s supposed to help you sleep. But does it work? What’s the chemistry of this sleep aid? This week on Reactions, we go into the chemistry of melatonin and the realities of supplements.
- Does Melatonin Really Help You Sleep?
- Meta-Analysis: Melatonin for the Treatment of Primary Sleep Disorders
- Pharmacokinetics of Alternative Administration Routes of Melatonin: A Systematic Review
- Melatonin Natural Health Products and Supplements: Presence of Serotonin and Significant Variability of Melatonin Content
- Effects of blue light on the circadian system and eye physiology
- The absolute bioavailability of oral melatonin.
- Why Vitamins and Other 'Dietary Supplements' Can Contain Anything
- Vitamins and the Failure of Free-Market Health
- Scientists pinpoint dosage of melatonin for insomnia
- Melatonin Treatment for Age-Related Insomnia
- What the Letters "USP" Mean on the Label of Your Medicine
- Mild serotonin syndrome: A report of 12 cases