Youtube ID: jQOKbkyG1Jg
Could the future of data storage be DNA? It’s the original format after all, storing the information needed to build every living thing. And it has a handful of qualities that would make it perfect for storing all the digital information in our world. With recent advances in sequencing and printing DNA, it’s technically possible, but there are a few obstacles to overcome before this sci-fi-sounding tech can become a household reality.
- Google’s Data Footprint Will Blow Your Mind
- Ancient DNA found in soil samples reveals mammoths, Yukon wild horses survived thousands of years longer than believed
- Researchers store computer operating system and short movie on DNA
- DNA Data Storage – Setting the Data Density Record with DNA Fountain
- CHAPTER 4: NUCLEOSIDES, NUCLEOTIDES, DNA, AND RNA
- phosphate backbone
- A Simple Guide to Phosphoramidite Chemistry and How it Fits in Twist Bioscience's Commercial Engine
- Random access DNA memory using Boolean search in an archival file storage system
- Could We Store All of the World’s Data in a Coffee Mug Full of DNA?
- Enzymatic DNA synthesis enters new phase
- Enzymatic DNA synthesis gets a significant new player