Sports balls of all varieties whether it be soccer, or hockey, or tennis, owe their resilience and reliability to an unusual polymer, one whose derivatives and spinoffs are everywhere you look, from cars to shoes to rocket fuel. Learn about rubber, the all-star’s best friend just in time for NFL football to kick off! Check out more slo-mo footage from Florian Knorn.
- Were Footballs Ever Really Made of Pigskin?
- polysulfide rocket fuel
- Dynamics of Natural Rubber as a Function of Frequency, Temperature, and Pressure. A Dielectric Spectroscopy Investigation
- Cross Reactive Food
- Charles Goodyear and the Vulcanization of Rubber
- Charles Goodyear Biography
- Vulcanized Rubber
- Urethane 101: All you want to know about polyurethane
- elastomers and more!
- Propellant Plant Brightens Desert
- Why #DeflateGate matters: The NFL's deflated balls explained
- Elastomers: Shaping the Future of Mankind
- A game ball's road to the NBA Finals
- WHAT'S THAT STUFF? - Baseball
- A Brief History of the Baseball