When wildfires break out on hot, windy days, they pose a serious threat to people and the environment. This week on Reactions, learn how firefighters are using fertilizer to keep dangerous blazes at bay.
- Fighting wildfires
- Concerns about the chemicals used to fight wildfires
- Toxic chemicals after wildfire
- What are they dumping on wildfires?
- Pesticides and wildfire suppression chemicals
- Firefighting products
- Retardants in fire suppression
- Class A foams
- Red slurry toxicity
- Phos-Chek website
- Controversy over fire retardants
- Fire retardant changes
- Battling wildfires from the sky
- Green Science Policy Institute report on flame retardants