If your coffee is too bitter, add a pinch of salt. If your salad isn’t sour enough, add a pinch of salt. If your beer is too bitter, add a pinch of salt. Salt has the seemingly magical ability to enhance good flavors and dampen bad ones. How does it do that???
- An overview of binary taste-taste interactions
- Handbook of Perception Volume 6A - Edward C. Carterette - Google Books
- The taste of table salt - PMC
- Bitterness suppression as revealed by split-tongue taste stimulation in humans - ScienceDirect
- Taste of Sodium Chloride Solutions after Adaptation to Sodium Chloride: Implications for the "Water Taste" | Science