What’s more exciting than watching fireworks explode in a bright cacophony of color after being launched hundreds of feet in to the air? Learning about the chemical process that makes it happen of course! Chris Mocella directs our eyes to the skies and explains the chemistry that has been used to impress spectators and scare dogs for over a thousand years.
What You Will Learn
- Brief review of pyrotechnic principles and reactions
- Chemical recipes of different pyrotechnic compositions: flares, sparklers, dragon eggs, flash/bang, weeping willows, etc.
- Smoke production formulas and techniques
- Brief discussion of ignition and sensitivity testing
- And much more!
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year