The discharge of a firearm produces a wealth of physical and chemical evidence, a portion of which is deposited on the hands of the shooter. Tune in as Suzanne Bell describes recent developments in the analysis of organic compounds associated with firearms discharge and how this evidence can be used to bolster existing forensic methods of characterization.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of physical and chemical evidence associated with discharge of a firearm
- Current analytical approaches to OGSR and some surprising challenges
- Approaches to data integration for organic and inorganic gunshot residue characterizations
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year