Advancing ACS' Core Value of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Respect
We believe in the strength of diversity in all its forms, because inclusion of and respect for diverse people, experiences, and ideas lead to superior solutions to world challenges and advances chemistry as a global, multidisciplinary science.
ACS Volunteer and ACS National Meeting Code of Conduct
Review the ACS Volunteer and ACS National Meeting Code of Conduct and a brief summary to understand how the code of conduct ties in to ACS Core Values and Strategic Plan.
Resources to Support Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Respect
Take a closer look at the array of resources to advance diversity, equity, inclusion & respect in the sciences.
Reading & Courses
- Editorials and Issues on Diversity and Inclusion From ACS Publications
- C&EN stands in solidarity with communities of color
- Linked-In Learning - Free Courses to Help You Become a Stronger Ally and Have Inclusive Conversations - Available through Dec. 31, 2020
- A Guide for Minorities in STEM: Master's in Data Science
- ACS Publications on Diversity
- Diversity Discovered
- Movies you can stream for free on Social Injustice
- Systemic Racisim Explained - Youtube
- 'How to build an antiracist world' - TED Talk
- ‘The Urgency of Intersectionality’ – TED Talk
- ACS Webinars on Diversity
Our Diverse Communities
Take a closer look at the array of opportunities ACS offers to represent diversity, equity, inclusion and respect in the sciences. Let's work together!
The State of Diversity in STEM
The ACS collects and distributes data about racial, ethnic, and gender disparities and works tirelessly to implement effective programs and initiatives to close these gaps in the classroom and in the chemistry-related workforce.
Women, Black, and Hispanic populations are underrepresented in science and engineering jobs
Percent share of selected groups in the US science and engineering labor force