ChemClub Student Scholarship
Scholarship at a Glance
The American Chemical Society (ACS) and the American Association of Chemistry Teachers (AACT) is piloting a scholarship program for eligible students participating in the High School ChemClub Program. This scholarship is awarded for the 2022-2023 academic year. Please review the eligibility criteria and application requirements below:
- You must be a current high school senior, graduating in 2022 and planning to enroll full-time at an accredited college located in the United States, starting in Fall 2022.
- You must be an active student member of a Chartered ChemClub Program (meaning that your Club is registered as an ACS ChemClub for the 2021-2022 school year.)
- You must plan to pursue a major in a STEM field. This can include chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, material science, food science, forensic science, etc.
April 20, 2022
- Complete the online application by April 20, 2022.
- Your ChemClub teacher advisor must complete and submit a recommendation form. This form will be automatically generated and sent to your advisor during the application process. *Note that you will be asked for the name and email address of your ChemClub teacher advisor. It's a good idea to notify your ChemClub advisor about your intent to apply for this scholarship before you complete the application, so that they expect an email from us with completion instructions. The deadline for teacher-advisors to complete the recommendation form is April 27, 2022.
- An electronic copy of your high school transcript (official or unofficial) must be sent to us directly by your school (this could be from a guidance counselor or school administrator). You can ask the appropriate school official to send it to HSChemClubs@acs.org or if your high school uses an online transcript service to send official transcripts, it can be sent to the same email address. This must be received by April 27, 2022.
The selection committee will award scholarships based on the following considerations:
- Academic achievement.
- A strong and clear ability to share about the impact of your ChemClub experience, as well as your future education and career goals.
- A recommendation from your ChemClub Teacher Advisor that confirms your interest in chemistry (and/or STEM fields) and your strengths as a student, as well as your participation, commitment and leadership in your ChemClub.
*All scholarship recipients will be notified by June 17, 2022.
*All applicants will be contacted by June 30, 2022.
Important Note: Scholarship funds will be distributed directly to the school that the student scholarship recipient will attend in the fall of 2022. The timing of this process may vary depending on the specific institution.