Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Respect (DEIR)
DEIR Experience & Training
- Faculty and staff involved with teaching, academic advising, and mentoring are experienced or trained in making their practices inclusive, equitable, and accessible to persons with diverse backgrounds and identities.
- Training opportunities and support are provided for students interested in developing DEIR competencies.
- DEIR training is part of the evaluation criteria for personnel involved in teaching, academic, advising, or mentoring.
- Require DEIR training for anyone serving on admissions and/or search committees.
- All constituents (faculty, staff, students)
- Understand elements of DEIR.
- Know how these elements are operationalized within the department or program.
- Know how violations of these elements are acknowledged and addressed.
- The department or program promotes student, faculty, and staff engagement in DEIR activities by using rewards and performance evaluations.