Women Chemists Committee Rising Star Award
Award at a Glance
To recognize up to 10 outstanding individuals* approaching mid-level careers who have demonstrated outstanding promise for contributions to their respective fields.
The award includes the following:
- The opportunity to present contributions at a WCC-sponsored symposium at the ACS Spring Meeting. The award symposium serves to highlight the accomplishments of the award winners by providing a venue to inform researchers and other professionals of the status of current work, ideas, and thought; to enable networking with other practitioners; and to acquaint scientists with other active members of the research community.
- A $1,000 stipend to cover ACS Spring Meeting travel expenses.
- Visibility and networking opportunities at the ACS Spring Meeting—awardees are recognized at the WCC ‘Just Cocktails’ reception and at the WCC Luncheon where awardees are seated at the head tables along with ACS governance, WCC members, and fellow award winners.
The award is open to all individual* ACS members in chemistry and chemical engineering working in academic, industrial, government, non-profit or other employment sectors. Appropriate candidates will typically be no more than 15 years from receipt of their terminal scientific degree and have demonstrated outstanding promise for contributions to their respective fields. Applicants can either be self-nominated or can be nominated by another individual for this award. The nominator does not need to be an ACS member.
Individuals* = *This includes women (both cis and trans) and persons assigned female at birth (AFAB). For more information regarding the gender inclusive language used in this document, please visit the ACS Inclusivity Style Guide.
The following are not eligible:
- Those who are already widely acknowledged and recognized in their area of chemistry or chemical engineering and are at the pinnacle of their careers
- ACS national award winners
- Those who have received a prior award under this program
- Members of the National Women Chemists Executive Committee
The deadline for receipt of nominations is June 15.
How to Apply
In the online nomination process, the nominator will be required to provide/upload the following:
- Nominee’s resume or C.V.
- Primary nominator letter in support of nomination. Letter should not exceed 800 words (maximum of 2 pages), with no less than 11pt font.
- For self-nomination, a second nomination letter is required.
- For all other nominations, a second nominator letter in support is optional, but recommended. The letter should not exceed 800 words (maximum of 2 pages), with no less than 11pt font.
American Chemical Society
Women Chemists Committee
1155 Sixteenth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036