ACS Student Communities DEIR Grant
Grant at a Glance
To support professional development endeavors intended to increase and support the ACS Core Value of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Respect (DEIR) within Student Chapters, International Student Chapters, and Graduate Student Organizations.
The goal of this grant is to help create more inclusive and respectful spaces within ACS student communities.
Applicants can apply to receive funds for DEIR professional development opportunities, such as courses, training, materials, etc.
You may request up to $750 USD for your proposal. Funding is limited and you may receive this grant up to two times per calendar year.
There is no deadline. Grant applications will be reviewed every two weeks.
- Name of proposal
- Total amount requested
- Detailed list of expenses
- Sources of other funding, if any
- Describe your current DEIR environment and efforts, and how you wish to improve it.
- Describe the proposed DEIR efforts and explain why this would be the most effective/impactful direction for your chapter and you in your circumstances.
- Will the entire chapter participate in the proposed event/training? If so, please provide the ACS member names and numbers.
- Is this an online/virtual event? If so, please provide the link to the training.
- How will you measure the success of the proposed activities? How will those participating share knowledge and model DEIR practices within their community?
Selected proposals will favor applications that propose impactful activities and well-reasoned use of funds.
Awarded funds will be sent to the university or chapter bank account. The faculty advisor will be responsible for the appropriate disbursement of funds. Please note that processing/distribution of funds may be delayed due to the pandemic; if funds do not arrive in your account prior to your event, the funds can be used as a reimbursement for out of pocket costs directly associated with the awarded activity.
A final report will be required within 30 days of completing your activity. Information, regarding how to submit the final report, will be provided to those who receive the grant.