Local Section Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Respect (DEIR) Grant
Grant at a Glance
To provide up to $3,000 to local sections for embracing and advancing inclusion and equity across ACS and in their communities.
The ACS Committee on Local Section Activities (LSAC) encourages applications for DEIR projects and programs that:
- Support interaction with other ACS local sections, ACS divisions, ACS committees, other professional associations, or community groups
- Foster inclusiveness and participation within your local section
Naturally, your local section’s interpretation of how to approach the topic may be very different, and LSAC looks forward to a wide array of grant proposals.
Ideas for programs/activities include:
- Speaker Series
- Heritage Days
- Scholarship Matching Funds
- Host/sponsor an activity with Project SEED or ACS Scholars
- Undergraduate Research Support
- Student Stipends for Safe Lab Work
- Outreach to Underrepresented Communities/Schools
- High School Mentoring
- Diversity Professional Development
- Book Clubs
- Seminar Series
- Training and Workshops
For more ideas and resources, read about ACS's core value of DEIR.
Additional Grant Details
- Only one proposal per local section may be submitted for review.
- Application deadline November 13, 2023 by 11:59pm ET.
- Proposals will be reviewed by LSAC and local sections will be notified of funding in December.
- A funded project should be completed within 12 months of the award date.
- A final report describing how the funds were used and the impact the project had must be submitted to LSAC within three months of completion of the funded project.
- Funding will be awarded to a section only if it has submitted its most recent annual report.
- Funding will be awarded to a section only if it has submitted a final report for any previous DEIR Grant.