Corporation Associates Seed Grant
Grant at a Glance
The ACS Committee on Corporation Associates (CA) considers requests for seed grants, up to $5,000 per calendar year, that further CA's role in areas agreed upon by the Committee.
CA considers areas that are in:
- Chemical Sciences education
- Education of the public regarding the chemical industry
- Professionalism or safety enhancements in chemistry
CA seed grants do not fund:
- Purchase of equipment, chemistry kits, etc.
- Travel exclusively
- Any activities or programs that may be considered illegal in respective areas (states/countries/regions)
The following information will be required to submit your funding proposals:
- Name, affiliation, mailing address, email address, and phone number for the primary contact person.
- Describe the problem or opportunity.
- What has been done before within ACS or by others to address the issue?
- Why should it be of concern to both ACS and the chemical industries?
- How does it relate to CA's mission?
- What will be done and by whom?
- Who will benefit from this effort?
- What results are expected?
- What is the total cost of the project or program?
- What is the total amount you are requesting from CA?
- What other sources of funding have you pursued? Please provide a detailed list of anticipated expenses.
How to Apply
To apply for the grant, please complete the application form.
- February 1: ACS Spring Meeting.
Winners will be notified in the spring.
- July 1: ACS Fall Meeting.
Winners will be notified in the fall.
- All winners will be required to complete the grant report.
Submissions are reviewed and approved by the Committee on Corporation Associates following the ACS Spring and Fall Meetings.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process or otherwise, email firstname.lastname@example.org.