Youtube ID: 3UcnYMFTzFQ
Some clothing makers try to harness the antibacterial power of silver to combat the smell of sweat from your workouts -- now with added nanotechnology. This week on Reactions, we ask: does it work?
C&EN’s reporting on nanoparticles:
- The impact of anti-odor clothing on the environment
- Potential Environmental Impacts and Antimicrobial Efficacy of Silver- and Nanosilver-Containing Textiles
- Nanomaterial Design Guided by the Principles of Green Chemistry
- Silver turns bacteria into deadly zombies
- Silver nanoparticles in clothing wash out—and may threaten human health and the environment
- Panning for silver in laundry wastewater
- Silver Nanoparticles in Clothing Pose No New Risk
- Treatments to impart antimicrobial activity to clothing and household cellulosic-textiles – why “Nano”-silver?
- Silver nanoparticles – wolves in sheep's clothing?
Determination of fatty acids in human sweat during fasting using GC/MS.
- Ever wonder why dogs sniff each others' butts? Or how Adderall works? Or whether it's OK to pee in the pool? We've got you covered: Reactions a web series about the chemistry that surrounds you every day.