Youtube ID: BzmZ_sb5dZk
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a non psychoactive compound produced by the marijuana plant that seems to be everywhere these days. Maybe you’ve even been asked if you’d like it added to your morning cup of joe! THC, also marijuana-derived, is what gets people high and is screened for by drug tests. The chemical structure of THC is very similar to CBD’s, which begs the question: Could using CBD make you fail a drug test? In this episode of Reactions we break down the chemistry behind the possibilities.
- A Review of Human Studies Assessing Cannabidiol's (CBD) Therapeutic Actions and Potential.
- CANNABIDIOL(CBD)Critical ReviewReport
- Cannabidiol Does Not Convert to Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol in an In Vivo Animal Model
- A Conversion of Oral Cannabidiol to Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Seems Not to Occur in Humans
- Labeling Accuracy of Cannabidiol Extracts Sold Online
- Quality Traits of “Cannabidiol Oils”: Cannabinoids Content, Terpene Fingerprint and Oxidation Stability of European Commercially Available Preparations
- The unexpected identification of the cannabimimetic, 5F-ADB, and dextromethorphan in commercially available cannabidiol e-liquids
- Can You Trust Your CBD Oil? CBD Testing Results May Surprise You
- FDA Regulation of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products: Questions and Answers
- Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on new steps to advance agency’s continued evaluation of potential regulatory pathways for cannabis-containing and cannabis-derived products
- Why this matters in the beauty world
- The Endocannabinoid System and the Brain
- An Update on Plant Photobiology and Implications for Cannabis Production
- Regulating Pot to Save the Polar Bear: Energy andClimate Impacts of the Marijuana Industry
- Male vs. Female Cannabis: How to Determine the Sex of Your Plant
- I Visited a Cannabis Farm to Find Out How CBD Oil Is Made
- Pure Kana CBD
- Medterra CBD
- Cannabinoid Screen and Confirmation (Urine)
- 5 Panel DOT look-alike
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
- Can You Fail a Drug Test Due to CBD?
- When is CBD Legal and When Isn't It?
- How to Assess THC and CBD Levels in Cannabis Strains and Products
- Activation and Metabolism of Cannabinoids
Ever wonder why dogs sniff each others' butts? Or how Adderall works? Or whether it's OK to pee in the pool? We've got you covered: Reactions a web series about the chemistry that surrounds you every day.
Produced by the American Chemical Society.