The ACS Committee on Constitution and Bylaws (C&B) works through subcommittees to
- Review, interpret, and/or initiate appropriate actions on petitions to amend the Society's governing documents;
- Review proposed amendments to bylaws of Local Sections, Divisions, and International Chemical Sciences Chapters; and
- Prepare analyses on various issues and guideline documents.
- 3-4 hours per month depending on the number of items submitted to the Committee for review.
- The Committee works year-round, mostly through email.
Documents of the Committee
- Petitions to amend the Society’s Constitution and Bylaws
- Unit bylaw guidelines and other useful information
- Committee Charter
- Members of the Committee
Contact the C&B Committee
If you have any questions or comments about the work of the Committee on Constitution and Bylaws, contact us at
- email@example.com or
- 202-872-4071 or 800-227-5558, ext. 4071 for Barbara Polansky, Staff Liaison to C&B