The Member-Get-A-Member Campaign offers current ACS members the opportunity to recruit new paid members and receive a Periodic Table of the Elements blanket.
And one of the most important requirements in recruiting a new member is ... the Member-Get-A-Member application must be used! It is the only way the Nominator and Nominee names are linked together and appear on a blanket ship list. Please, do not use the "Join ACS" button above.
To start, Nominate someone through your ACS account ...
Using your ACS Web ID, send your Nominee an MGM e-invite to join the American Chemical Society. You may add a personal message below your name in the evite.
NEW! Once your MGM evite has been sent to your Nominee, you will receive a confirmation message from ACS. Please be aware there can be up to a 2-hour delay in your MGM evite arriving in your Nominee's email box.
After the MGM e-invite has been sent ...
Within your Nominee’s e-invite they will be asked to click on a link that will take them directly to an online application.
NEW! ACS will send two additional reminders, over the next 14 days, to your Nominee encouraging them to join ACS.
Nominee has submitted their application ...
Once the Nominee's application is submitted and dues have been paid, ACS will ship you, the Nominator, a blanket. Blanket shipping lists are pulled the first Friday of each new month.
NEW! The Nominator will receive a confirmation email message from ACS stating your Nominee has joined and a blanket will be shipped to you.
Each time you recruit a new member you will earn one of these coveted Periodic Table of the Elements blankets and there is no limit on the number of new members you may recruit and blankets you can earn!
(Blankets are not available for purchase.)
REMINDER: The above JOIN ACS button is not associated with the Member-Get-A-Member Campaign. Please do not use.
Please use the links within this MGM page to invite your Nominees to join. Remind your nominees that they are to use the links within your MGM e-invite to complete their application. Those MGM links tie your names together.
MGM Paper Applications
Don't want to nominate online?
Please download one of the MGM applications below.
Current member/Nominator - please fill in your information on the left side of the paper application and add your signature to the back where indicated prior to giving to your Nominee.
Send completed paper applications to:
American Chemical Society
PO Box 82229
Columbus, OH 43202-0229
Deadline: December 31, 2017
Nominee’s dues must be received by December 31, 2017 in order for the Nominator to receive the 2017 Periodic Table of the Elements blanket.
2017 Blanket Shipments
Please remind your Nominee to join and pay their dues by November 30th in order to make the December 4th shipment of blankets leaving the warehouse.
Once the New Year celebrations have ended, January 12, 2018 will be the next time 2017 blankets will ship out.
If you have any questions, please write to MGM@acs.org
- The Nominator (current ACS member) and Nominee must use the official MGM application.
PLEASE NOTE: The above JOIN ACS button, in the top right corner, is not connected to the Member-Get-A-Member Campaign.
- Nominators will be sent their blanket once the Nominee is accepted for membership and pays his or her dues by December 31, 2017. while supplies last
- Nominees for membership can be former members who left the Society.
- Nominator should make sure their shipping address is current in their membership record.
We prefer not to make deliveries to Post Office boxes. Please write to MGM@acs.org and provide a street address if available.
- Blanket shipping lists are pulled the first Friday of each new month and released from the warehouse the following week.
- The blanket is unique to the MGM campaign and is not available for purchase.
- And, the 2017 blanket does include the latest named elements -- Nh, Mc, Ts, and Og!
- The blanket is unique to the MGM campaign and is not available for purchase
- Made in the U.S.A. of 100% Cotton
- Size: 50” x 60”
- Care: Machine wash, gentle cycle, for best results. Use only
- Drying: It is best to hang dry or use the lightest heat temperature in the dryer.
- Sorry, no substitution of gifts.