The Member-Get-A-Member Campaign offers current ACS members the opportunity to recruit new paid members and receive a Periodic Table of the Elements blanket.
And one of the most important requirements in recruiting a new member is ... a Member-Get-A-Member application must be used! It is the only way the nominator and nominee names are linked together and appear on a blanket ship list. Please, do not use the "Join ACS" button above.
To start, Nominate someone through your ACS account ...
Using your ACS Web ID, send your Nominee an MGM e-invite to join the American Chemical Society. You may add a personal message below your name in the evite.
After the MGM evite has been sent ...
Within your Nominee’s e-invite they will be asked to click on a link that will take them directly to an online application.
If you prefer, there are PDF applications below for you to print out and use instead.
Nominee has submitted their application ...
Once the nominee's application is submitted and dues have been paid, ACS will ship you, the Nominator, a blanket. Blanket shipping lists are pulled the first Friday of each new month.
Each time you recruit a new member you will earn you one of these coveted Periodic Table of the Elements blankets and there is no limit on the number of new members you may recruit and blankets you can earn!
(Blankets are not available for purchase.)
REMINDER: The above JOIN ACS button is not associated with the Member-Get-A-Member Campaign. Please do not use.
Please use the links within this MGM page (including the blanket banner to the right) to invite your nominees to join. Remind your nominees that they are to use the links within your MGM e-invite to complete their application. Those MGM links tie your names together.
Not applying online? Please download one of the MGM applications below.
Current member/Nominator - please fill in your information on the left side of the paper application and add your signature to the back where indicated prior to giving to your Nominee.
Mail, fax, or email your completed form to:
American Chemical Society
PO Box 82229
Columbus, OH 43202-0229
Deadline: December 31, 2017
Nominee’s dues must be received by December 31, 2017 in order for the Nominator to receive the 2017 Periodic Table of the Elements blanket.
- The Nominator and Nominee must use the official MGM application.
PLEASE NOTE: The above JOIN ACS button is not connected to the Member-Get-A-Member Campaign. Please use the links on the How to Nominate a Candidate tab or the blanket banner to the right to invite your nominees to join.
- Nominators will be sent their blanket once the Nominee is accepted for membership and pays his or her dues. To qualify for the MGM 2017 campaign, dues must be received by December 31, 2017.
- Nominees for membership can be former members who left the Society in 2014 or before.
- Nominator should make sure their shipping address is current in their membership record.
- Blanket shipping lists are pulled the first Friday of each new month and shipped the following week.
We prefer not to make deliveries to Post Office boxes. Please write to MGM@acs.org
and provide a street address if available.
- The MGM blanket will be shipped to members who recruit new members through the MGM Campaign while supplies last.
- The blanket is unique to the MGM campaign and is not available for purchase.
- The blanket is unique to the MGM campaign and is not available for purchase
- Made in the U.S.A. of 100% Cotton
- Size: 50” x 60”
- Care: Machine wash, gentle cycle, for best results. Use only
- Drying: It is best to hang dry or use the lightest heat temperature in the dryer.
- Sorry, no substitution of gifts.