Now Available! The ACS Institute
A searchable and conveniently accessible online learning portal.
The ACS Institute offers a robust collection of learning and training resources, allowing learners to easily search, browse, purchase, and access content to learn new skills and excel in their career. A comprehensive and authoritative learning platform found in a single point of entry.
Career Development & Networking
Access tools and resources to help you begin or advance your career.
- C&EN jobs database - A job board for chemists by chemists. You'll find the latest chemistry jobs from top employers from around the world.
- Career Consulting - Free personal résumé prep, mock interviews, and more.
- ACS Salary CalculatorTM - ACS proprietary salary information from thousands of chemists.
- Career Pathways - Discounts on tools and workshops
- Professional Education courses - Discounts on courses.
- ACS Network - Connect online with other chemists through the ACS Network.
- ACS Webinars Archive - Archived presentations on professional development, the latest research and more.
Conferences & Events
Significant discounts on registration for most ACS-sponsored meetings.
- ACS Meetings & Events - These meetings provide excellent opportunities for sharing your passion for chemistry, connecting with the world’s largest scientific society, and advancing your career in this ever-changing global economy. As a member you can save up to 40% on registration.
- ACS Regional Meetings - Significant member discounts on registration. These meetings feature excellent technical programs on a variety of topics, poster sessions, expositions, and social events over the course of a three to four day period.
- Green Chemistry Conferences - A diverse network of over 500 academic, industrial and government stakeholders to network and learn about the newest ideas in sustainable approaches to chemistry.
- Other ACS Affiliated Meetings
C&EN Magazine and
Discounts on Research and Journals
- Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN) - ACS’s chemical news magazine, delivered weekly in print or digitally.
- ACS Publications - 50 free articles per year from the most trusted and cited collection of scientific publications in the world.
- SciFinder® - 25 free activities through the CAS. To access this benefit, please contact Member Services.
- Special member-only subscription rates for the Journal of Chemical Education and the Journal of Natural Products that also include an archive e-subscription.*
- ACS Books Discount - 30% - 40% discounts on print books.
- Publish open access in any ACS journal with member only discounts.
*E-Subscriptions are available to emeritus, retired, and unemployed members at a uniform price of USD $125 per year for ACS Journal and Archive E-subscription titles*. Qualified members have access to 250 articles per journal, per subscription term, and may subscribe to a total of five (5) E-Subscriptions.
ACS Guide to Scholarly Communication
The new ACS Guide to Scholarly Communication covers all instructions from previous editions of the ACS Style Guide – completely updated and modernized and is available to all ACS Members at the special rate of $65.00 a year. If you are not a current member, you may purchase the ACS Guide when submitting your application for membership. Current members may include the ACS Guide at the time of renewal or by contacting Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 800-333-9511 (US)/614-447-3776 (outside US).
Discounts on Personal Services
Your ACS membership also comes with access to discounts on a variety of elite personal programs and services.
- Guided, worldwide travel adventures
- Auto rentals and hotel discounts
- Office and technology products
- Shipping (FedEx)
- ACS Publications Authoring Services
Member Groups & Communities
Membership gives you access to chemistry professionals in your field and in your geographic location. Learn more about:
- Local Sections - Meet and collaborate with scientists in your local area. Access to your local section is free.
- Technical Divisions - Network through one or more of the 32 chemistry field groups. As a first-time member of ACS, you are eligible to join up to three Technical Divisions and receive a free one-year membership into each one.
- Student Chapters - Undergraduate students can enhance their college experience and get better prepared for a career in chemistry.
- International Chapters - If you live outside of the U.S., join an international chapter to connect with chemists in your geographic area.
Protect every stage of your life with insurance plans through ACS Member Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- MetLife Auto & Home®
- Health Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- New member? Find out how you can get $25,000 of basic Group Term Life coverage—at no cost to you!
Perfect for people with a degree, certification, or significant work history in chemical or related sciences, or with certification as a teacher of a chemical science.
For people whose occupation directly concerns the practice of a chemical science, but are ineligible to become Regular Members of ACS.
For full-time graduate students majoring in a chemical science or a related academic discipline.
For those actively working toward an undergraduate degree in chemistry or in a related academic discipline.
$29 without C&EN
$65 with C&EN subscription
I recently joined, what comes next?
Membership becomes active when paid in full and benefits are accessible at the same time. If you joined online you will receive email confirmation immediately. If you joined via paper application or at a meeting/event, you will receive an email within days of the membership activation with your member number and links to get you started.
How do I pay an invoice?
Invoices for memberships and subscriptions can be paid via the following methods:
- Visit https://onlinepay.acs.org
- Login with your ACSID or check out as a guest using the following credit cards only:
- American Express
- Diner’s Card
Credit Card payment by Phone
Representatives are available to assist with questions or credit card payments by phone at 800-333-9511 or 614-447-3776, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET.
Check payments must be payable in USD and drawn on a US bank. Please make checks payable to The American Chemical Society.
- Include your invoice number and/or account number.
- Mail to the following address:
American Chemical Society
PO Box 182426
Columbus, OH 43218-2426
Wire Transfer or ACH/EFT
- Make payable to American Chemical Society
- Include your invoice number and/or account number
- International Wire Transfer ABA Number: 026-009-593
- Swift Code: BOFAUS3N (must be used with International ABA number for wires originating outside of United States)
- US based Transfer: ACH/EFT ABA Number: 054-001-204
Bank Name: Bank of America, NA
- Account Name: American Chemical Society Operating
- Account Number: 00-20-805-89-526 (must use all 12-digits)
My login doesn’t allow my membership discounts or benefits.
There are several factors that could affect membership status that include payment status, membership start /expire or multiple records. Please contact Member Services to investigate the specifics of the account.
I used to be a member but can’t recall my account number.
I’ve received an application via mail or email but I’m already a member.
We try to match and purge current members from receiving acquisition campaigns but if the mailing or email address is not an exact match, our systems will not identify the record as a member. Please let us know by forwarding the email or image of what you received to us at email@example.com and include your member number.
I received a renewal notice but the renewal site indicates it’s already paid.
Our renewal site will only process renewal notices that have not been updated in any way. If we’ve updated your invoice from one member category to another for example, the site will inaccurately show as paid for that year but will not be able to display a receipt. Please contact us by email, phone, or chat and we can process your renewal payment.