Apply for ACS Recognition
1. Initial Conversation with ACS
- Review the international guidelines and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an initial conversation.
- This initial conversation will focus on defining the international guidelines, reviewing the application and review processes, and answering any questions you have about the program.
2. Application Forms
- Following a conversation with the ACS staff, complete the application forms linked below.
- These are all Google forms and do not have to be completed in the order listed.
3. Data Tables
- Download and complete the tables linked below.
4. Submit Supplementary Documents
- Provide the necessary supplementary materials, translated into English, for review by the Global Activities subcommittee of the ACS Committee on Professional Training.
5. Conference with ACS
- Following the review of submitted materials, we will schedule a conference between representatives of your program and the reviewers of your application.
- This discussion does not require a formal presentation but rather is a conversation about your program and will focus on clarifying areas of your application.
- The Global Activities subcommittee members that reviewed your application will convene to render a decision.
7. Communication of the Decision
- This decision will be conveyed to the primary department representative via email and, if the program aligns with the international guidelines, will be featured on this website.
- The letter will contain a complete evaluation of your program including areas where the program can improve as well as areas where the program is successful.
- Recognized programs will receive an electronic badge to post on their social media and websites that describes the criteria they met for recognition.
- Part I: Institution Information
- Part II: Faculty
- Part III: Teaching Contact Hours
- Part IV: Infrastructure and Instrumentation
- Part V: Curriculum
- Part VI: Undergraduate Research
- Part VII: Skills
- Part VIII: Self Evaluation & Assessment
Email the completed spreadsheet to email@example.com.
Please translate all documents into English.
- An example syllabus from all courses required for the chemistry degree.
- Representative examples of exams or other assessments given in these courses.
- Bundle into a PDF organized by the type of course:
- Foundation courses
- In-depth courses
- Courses that contain MSN content OR a dedicated polymer course
- A list of required laboratory courses beyond introductory chemistry that includes all of the experiments performed in each course.