Green Chemistry Student Chapter Award
Award at a Glance
To provide national recognition for ACS student chapters that have shown outstanding commitment to incorporating green chemistry into their annual activities.
The Green Chemistry Student Chapter Award is an acknowledgement of green chemistry activities conducted by a student chapter. Student involvement in green chemistry principles and practices is essential to the integration of environmentally benign technologies in academia and industry.
- Are recognized at the Student Chapter Awards Ceremony held at the ACS Spring Meeting
- Receive information on green chemistry travel awards and scholarship opportunities
- May request complimentary copies of educational materials
- Gain connections with faculty engaged in green chemistry research
ACS student chapters may receive a green chemistry award by providing:
- a detailed summary of at least three green chemistry activities during the academic year
- a brief explanation of why each activity qualifies as an example of green chemistry, and
- one or more of the 12 principles of green chemistry that directly relate to each activity.
Learn more about what activities are eligible.
How to Apply
The chapter report serves as the basis for awarding "green" status to student chapters. Green chemistry activities may be documented in the annual report through minutes, announcements, photographs, and/or newsletters.
Student chapters that apply for the Green Chemistry Student Chapter Award will be notified at the beginning of the academic year following the year for which the application was submitted. The initial notification is sent via email, followed by a letter in early October for chapters that earned the award.
ACS Green Chemistry Institute
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
202-872-6102 or 800-227-5558 ext. 6102