You’ve probably heard stories about mothers lifting cars to save their baby trapped underneath--but is that just an urban myth? This week on Reactions we talk about “superhero strength” and the chemistry behind what’s possible.
- Understanding stress response
- Extreme fear and superhuman strength
- Gut-Brain Axis
- Adrenomedullary response to maximal stress in humans.
- Brain correlates of stress-induced analgesia
- Science and Practice of Strength Training
- Our brain’s adaptation to stress
- Circulating catecholamines
- Endorphins in fight or flight
- Endorphins and morphine