Committee on Economic and Professional Affairs
What We Do
The Committee on Economic and Professional Affairs (CEPA) identifies and monitors the needs of the chemical workforce and develops, coordinates, and oversees the implementation of programs and activities to enhance the economic and professional status of chemical professionals.
To support ACS members in their professional lives
ACS Members have fulfilling professional lives
- Conducting and reporting the results of periodic fact-finding studies on matters that affect the economic and professional status of chemical professionals and making recommendations to Council on policy in this area.
- Reviewing ACS career services programs, and planning and conducting symposia and workshops with Divisions and other committees at ACS National Meetings.
- Authoring and reviewing professional guidelines and policy statements.
- Sponsoring ChemLuminary Awards for outstanding career programming for an ACS Technical Division and an ACS Local Section.
In addition to attendance at committee meetings, CEPA members may be asked to review, comment, or act on specific materials or information brought to the committee's attention throughout the year.
Who We Are
CEPA is a standing committee of the Council of the American Chemical Society that works with ACS Career Services and the Office of Research and Product Development for the benefit of the Society’s membership.
Reports to Council at ACS National Meetings
- Fall 2020 - Virtual Meeting - DOC | PPT
- Fall 2019 - San Diego, CA - DOC | PPT
- Spring 2019 - Orlando, FL - DOC | PPT
- Fall 2018 - Boston, MA - DOC | PPT
- Spring 2018 - New Orleans - DOC | PPT
- Fall 2017 - Washington, DC - DOC | PPT
- Spring 2017 - San Francisco, CA - DOC | PPT
Send an email if you have questions or need more information about CEPA.