Signature Requirements for Petition Candidates
ACS members who are considering running for an ACS National Office by petition are strongly encouraged to contact the Office of the Secretary (202-872-4461) to inform the Secretary of their intentions to run and to receive pertinent information BEFORE sending out petition forms to collect signatures for nomination.
Important information for All Petitioners:
1. ACS members signing the petition must have been paid members of the Society as-of, on, or around August 15 during the previous year's national election.
2. There are specific numbers of valid signatures required for each position, derived from formulas prescribed in the ACS Standing Rules for that office:
- Signature requirements for Petition Candidates President-Elect
- Signature requirements for Petition Candidates Director-at-Large
- Signature requirements for Petition Candidates District Director
3. There are forms available to collect signatures: