Keep your ion the prize and zinc fast to become the next ChemClash champion!
ChemClash is a live interactive trivia game show where students and early career chemists gather with their ACS local sections, technical divisions, and student chapters to out-answer the competition and bring home the title of ChemClash champion! Inspired by this year’s National Chemistry Week theme, Fabulous Fibers: The Chemistry of Fabrics!, participants can use their smartphones or tablets to individually compete in five chemistry-inspired trivia rounds.
ChemClash: Fabric Feud! is a simple and cost-effective event for both ACS groups and non-ACS communities to engage your chemistry students and early career members during National Chemistry Week. Do you have what it takes to be the next ChemClash champion?
Register Your Group for FREE!
About this event
- Compete against other chemists and students from across the globe across five rounds of chemistry-based trivia for the title of "ChemClash Champion!"
- (New for 2022) Reliable and fast livestream experience powered by Wowza low-latency streaming (the company behind HQ Trivia!).
- (New for 2022) All individual attendees will compete on CrowdPurr, not just group leaders
- (New for 2022) Compete on both individual and group leaderboards for personal and group prize packs.
- Chemistry TikTokers @ivyleaguescience, @chemicalkim, and @drdre4000 return to test your fiber chemistry knowledge
- ACS’s own Professor Molenium will challenge you to identify spooky "Masked Elements" from the Periodic Table!
- A costume contest! Snap a pic in your best chemistry-inspired duds and post it with #ChemClash for a chance to be featured in the show!
- Meet thousands of fellow students and professionals around the world on Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter by posting with the event hashtags #ChemClash and #NCW
- This event is aimed at college-age students through early career chemists that are part of ACS member communities and sister organizations (student chapters, local sections, technical divisions, etc…) but we welcome groups not yet affiliated with ACS to join the party! We will review your registration to ensure that this event is appropriate for your members. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about program content and eligibility for this event.
- Registration for individuals not part of a group will launch at a later date so check back here for updates!
Round 5 is "Family Feud" Style and We Need Survey Responses From You and Your Group!
Take part in our chemistry spin on the popular game show format where contestants guess the results of audience survey questions.
What's the most stylish lab gear? What's your least favorite lab chore? We want to hear from you! Share this short fun survey with your group to submit by Oct. 18th.
Share crowd.live/ncwsurvey with everyone attending your ChemClash watch party and see how you stack up against your peers during the livestream!