ACS Congressional Briefings
A neutral and credible source of scientific information for policymakers.
With 225+ briefings to date, the ACS Science & the Congress Project conducts congressional briefings that provide opportunities for Members of Congress and their staffs, and the wider science policy community, to gain a greater knowledge of the science involved in numerous public policy issues.*
- U.S. Chemical Supply Chain: Pandemic Impacts (Feburary 25, 2021)
- Advanced Chemical Recycling: Addressing the Plastics Problem (December 9, 2020)
- The Chemical Enterprise in 2017: Policy Predictions (February 16, 2017)
- Open Science in 2017: Predictions and Guesses (January 11, 2017)
- Energy Policy in the Next Congress: Predictions and Guesses (December 8, 2016)
- STEM Policy in the Next Congress: Two- and Four-Year Degrees (November 15, 2016)
*Expert speakers are chosen to provide a balanced presentation about the topic under discussion, and their comments are independent of any position that may be held by the American Chemical Society, the sponsors of Science & the Congress, or its co-host(s).